Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I love the meaning behind it, I love the cooking, and I love celebrating with family and friends. It’s a universal holiday that can be shared with and understood by people all over the world. The last two years, Tim and I held our own little Thanksgivings in Christchurch and Wellington! This year we’ll be giving thanks with 75 other from all across the globe here in Dubai! I love sharing Thanksgiving with those who’ve never celebrated it, and also with new friends!
November 26, 2008
Thank You Lord!
Some things I’m thankful for this year:
1. My sweet husband who is patient and kind (and funny!).
2. Our loving families. This year I got married, and I now have two families, and I love them as much as my own and I’m so grateful for all of them. I even have a Kiwi Grandmother! I’m thankful for supportive and understanding parents who are willing to take their adult children back into their home!
3. All of our friends across this earth! We are so thankful for having friends that have opened their hearts and homes to us on this trip, I am still in awe over all of our friends who traveled across the globe and country to attend our wedding, we’ve appreciated seeing all of you, as always!
4. Our health…I have to swim with long sleeves in the ocean now to avoid the bad UVA and UVB rays, but I am thankful that my family and friends (and my Grandtex) are healthy!!
5. Lastly I’m thankful that we get to spend Thanksgiving with new faces and meet new friends during the last little leg of our amazing race!
PS: I thank YOU if you’re reading this 😉 xxx M