Wednesday, December 17th, 2008
Everyone in England is drinking mulled wine over the holidays. It’s a great way to keep warm! If you’re missing a few ingredients, no big deal…it’s one of those recipes that if you need to, you can just wing-it! (for me I’d probably skip that sugar all together!)
* 1 cup water
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 cups pineapple juice
* 1 cup orange juice
* 6 whole cloves
* 3 whole allspice berries
* 2 cinnamon stick
* ½ teaspoon salt
* 4 cups red wine
* 2 oranges
* 8 cinnamon sticks, garnish
1. In a large saucepan, combine water, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and orange juice.
2. Season with cloves, allspice, two cinnamon sticks and salt.
3. Cut the rind of two oranges into strips and stir into the mixture.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Pour in the wine. Heat to just boiling and remove from heat.
6. Serve hot, garnished with a cinnamon stick
Now, go sit by the fire, turn on the Christmas Carols and enjoy!